Re: Dynamic sql from FORMS 4.5

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/05/18

 <abiy_at_biotec.jouy.inra.fr> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> I would like to make a SELECT statement (dynamically) from FORMS 4.5.
> Is it possible to make a FORMS_DDL('SELECT INTO something ...') ? Or
> is there any other method to issue a select statement from a field of
> type VARCHAR2 containing the query. My block looks like this .
>
> col1 col2 col3
> 001 XX SELECT sth FROM table WHERE sth2 = sth3
> 002 YY SELECT sth ............

I suggest using a FORMS dynamic record group. It supports dynamic construction of the select statement and returns what amounts to a table of data. You use FORMS builtins to obtain values.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Sun May 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT