Re: That little jewel DUAL

From: keith <Keith_at_ellandel.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/18

In article <337fd198.15317429_at_news.u-net.com>, Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com> writes
>hello,
> It is not a pseudo table. It is a real table owned by the 'system'
>schema normally. You should see the bother caused when the DBA's have
>accidently stored more than one row in it! Yes, i have been on the
>receiving end of this problem, it took many hours to track down what
>the fault was! Still, it was almost worth it to see the expression on
>the DBA's face when i asked if there was more than one row in Dual?.
>
>If it didn't exist you would have to create one for yourself anyway, i
>think you already knew that.
>
>I have no idea why it is called 'dual'.
>
>graham (aka grumpy)
>
>"Felim Doyle" <doylef_at_bp.com> wrote...
>
>| So why is the pseudo table DUAL called DUAL ?
>|
>| Felim
>| doylef_at_bp.com
>
>Graham Miller ...
>Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost.
I've had that problem occur to me once. It was hard to determine the nature of the problem. What we never determined was the reason fro there being more than row in DUAL. Did you figure it out?

--
Keith