Re: Need help on Oraperl !!

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: 1997/05/18

In article <337943E8.7133_at_me.automatically>, empty name <dont.bother_at_me.automatically> wrote:
>What happens is that oraperl isn't able to deal whith Oracle's SQL*Net 2
>coming with Oracle-Versions > 7.3
>We moved back to Oracle 7.2.3, one of the last versions being able to
>deal with a co-existance of SQL*Net 1 & 2

The Perl5 modules DBI/DBD-Oracle and Oraperl emulation work fine with 7.3.x Under Solaris, a bug in Oracle's libraries caused the perl modules to generate warnings. The work-around is to build Perl5 with Sun's more tollerant malloc. This work-around has also been reported to solve the hanging connection problem with local connections.

oraperl, the perl4 extension, is nolonger supported.

Happy Perl'ng
John
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Sun May 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT