OO4O and C++ Libraries

From: Brent Fegley <bdfegley_at_paonline.com>
Date: 1997/05/16

Hi all! I'm new to C++ and OLE programming and am having trouble with a few concepts. I'm running Personal Oracle v7.3 on NT v4.0 and attempting to use Borland's C++ Builder as my primary development environment (which gives me access to the OWL v5.0 _and_ MFC classes, though I do have access to Visual C++ v5.0). My intended target platforms are 32-bit (NT and Win95). I would greatly appreciate your assistance in answering the following questions:

  1. What C++ header files must I #include to make use of OLE and the Oracle Objects for OLE?
  2. What is the proper loading sequence for the #include files?
  3. If the Oracle Objects for OLE source code was compiled using Borland C++ v4.5 and pre-MFC v5.0, can I still use the C++ classes for development in my current environment?
  4. What project settings do I need to successfully compile and run the sample C++ code that comes with Oracle Objects for OLE?

TIA. Regards,
- Brent Received on Fri May 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT