Re: Best ODBC driver

From: Les Middlestadt <lmiddlestadt_at_onramp.ca>
Date: 1997/05/16

--------------5622B547FA6AC33C2AF348EF

Joel Cornell wrote:

> On 15 May 1997 08:03:28 GMT, "Rob Wijs" <rwijs_at_wirehub.nl> wrote:
>
> >At the moment i'm experimenting with the Oracle 1.16 ODBC driver but I've
> >heard that there are
> >commercial drivers that are much better in performance and ODBC
> >comformance.
> >Is that so? and if so can anybody point me in the right direction.
>
> We're using the 32-bit Visigenic Driver that comes with some Microsoft
> products. It's nothing to write home about but at least it works.
> And it's free.

We're using Intersolv's ODBC 3.0 driver for Win95/NT and their ODBC 2.5 driver for Win 3.x. We find them quite stable and reasonably fast (especially the 3.0 driver). They also fix a problem that we experienced with Oracle's ODBC drivers where database privilages were being ignored allowing users with read-only access to update-delete records.

--------------5622B547FA6AC33C2AF348EF

begin:          vcard
fn:             Les Middlestadt
n:              Middlestadt;Les
adr:            ;;1209-10 Kenneth Avenue ;North York;Ontario;M2N 6K6;
email;internet: lmiddlestadt_at_onramp.ca
tel;work:       (416) 322-6520 x275
tel;fax:        (416) 322-5372

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE