Re: How to compile store procedure without replacing the old one

From: Allen Lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/05/15

BY wrote:

> Bob Yeh wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using sql*plus to compile my stored procedure by issuing:
> > "create or replcae ..."
> >
> > Is ther a way to compile the source code without replacing the existing
> > code?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Bob
>
> I don't think my posting is clear.
>
> What I want to do is to leave the working source code in the database
> while continue developing the code. I don't want to impact other people
> who are using it.
>
> Bob

You really should have a production instance and a development instance to lessen any impact to production.

If that is not a option, then I suppose you could compile under a different name, test with the test name, and compile over the production name when completed.

       \\||//       "Igor, the bags."
       /    \
       []--[]             "You take the blond, and I'll take the one
with the turban"
      @  /\  @
       {----}
         ^^                         alucus_at_concentric.net