start deamon from web server

From: Maria Sanchez <mesanchez_at_hns.com>
Date: 1997/05/13

Hi,
I am writing a web application that stores a large amount of data into the database. This application is started by the user (from the web browser) once he/she has provided the required input. Since this is an operation that may take some time I want to start a process to serve the request.
The problem is that the web server waits for the termination of all processes to return to the client (?). The programs for the oracle administration server do something similar to what I want to do: they start and stop the listeners (don't know how they do).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

        Maria E. Sanchez Received on Tue May 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT