Insertion of files into a table in an Oracle databse.

From: Prestwick Circuits Ltd. <mckinnonj_at_prestwick.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/12

Hi

        I am working on transferring data from our old business system to our new Oracle database. I have never used Oracle before, although I do have experience of Ingres. The main problem I am having is bulk loading data into tables. In Ingres the command

	copy table <Tablename>(attr1=format1,attr2=format2.....)
	from "filename"

	does this for you. Is there an equivalent in Oracle or am I missing
something really obvious. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

James McKinnon Received on Mon May 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT