Re: median group function

From: Chrysalis <cellis_at_iol.ie>
Date: 1997/05/10

--------------5CF770ED78C8

Barry Drummond wrote:

> I'm looking for a median group function analogous to the Oracle group
> functions (Count, Avg, etc.) which can be used in standard SQl statments.
> As far as I can tell, PL/SQL allows only row functions to be built for use
> in SQL.
>
> *snip*

Barry,

   The problem with the median is that it is a group function that requires analysis of a relation in a sequence. Since it is not implementable as a function, I have attached a stored procedure which can be used as a stand-alone mechanism to return the median value of an arbitrary column of an arbitrary table.

Hope this helps.

Chrysalis.

--------------5CF770ED78C8

------------ad40948BCE6A

<encoded_portion_removed>
QkJTVAAAAB4D7f//AAAAAADfflgAgP//AAAATADffQg=

------------ad40948BCE6A

<encoded_portion_removed>
Jyw6bWVkaWFuKTsNUmVtIHByaW50IG1lZGlhbjsNDQ==

------------ad40948BCE6A--

--------------5CF770ED78C8-- Received on Sat May 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT