Retrieving Multiple ROWS wITH pl/sql

From: Marc Baime <mbaime_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/05/09

I have a PL/SQL question. I have a client server architecture which entails using a module to execute stored procedures on the database and returning multiple rows to the module which invokes the stored procedures.
 I do not know at compile time how many rows will be returned to my procedure-invoking module so I don't believe that I can use the array-type
to pass the data back to the invoking module without creating a static array with a size at least as large as my largest possible retuned set of rows (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong). A constraint of the architecture is that the executing modules are not permitted to do anything but invoke procedures i.e. I can't open a cursor and retrieve rows in the executing module...I need the procedure to return them as a group or I need to invoke the procedure multiple times. I know these constraints are very restrictive but I need to work within them. My question is this:
What is the best method for me to retrieve multiple rows by invoking a PL/SQL procedure/package from my module? We are really struggling with this issue and would appreciate any responses.

Please email responses to either email addresss below.

Thanks for your time & Regards...Marc Baime

--
mbaime_at_gte.net
marc.baime_at_telops.gte.com

I have kept hidden in the instep arch
Of an old cedar at the waterside
A broken drinking goblet like the Grail
Under a spell so the wrong ones can't find it
So can't get saved...

Robert Frost - Directive