Moving Stored Procedures/Triggers to Desktop

From: Jeff Elias <elias_at_jbdev.com>
Date: 1997/05/09

JB Development announces the development of products that move the processing of legacy database business logic to the desktop computer. Our objective is to enable the execution of stored procedures and triggers of legacy database systems in desktop environments.

We are actively seeking beta partners to test the product and help guide development priorities. The first product is now in development and will begin customer test in June. This version uses SQL Server Transact-SQL, but we also will support other proprietary database languages including Oracle's PL/SQL. We also are planning on supporting mixed enviroments from multiple vendors. Initially we will use Harmonia, JB Development's Java Relational Database,
for testing but the implementation will be open and can be executed on any system supporting SQL, Java and JDBC.

The product will translate existing stored procedures and triggers into Java classes and SQL for local execution. The delivered configuration will include a translator and the necessary Java Classes to run in any Java-SQL environment including standalone applications, Servlets, Web Servers, etc.

This is a commercial product created by developers with extensive database experience. Early users will have the full support of the development staff, have early access to the technology and will be helping drive the product development priorities.

If you are interested in participating in the program, please contact:

Jeff Elias
JB Development
(415) 343-5304
elias_at_jbdev.com