Re: any certified ORACLE DBAs?

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1997/05/09

Cleve wrote:

> Oleg Dimerman <olegd_at_oeonline.com> wrote in article
> <3370B5C1.73A1_at_oeonline.com>...
> > I am looking into ORACLE DBA certification - could you please
> > share your experiences?
> >
> > how difficult is it?
> I believe that in order to gain your Oracle DBA Masters Certification:
> (1) You need to have a lot of money (for classes)
> (2) You need to take 5+ classes totalling about 18 days
> (3) Then get yourself a DBA job.
> That may be relatively difficult.
>
> > industry recognition?
> Yes, it is well recognized in the Oracle world
>
> > how many people are certified?
> Quite a number of Oracle developers and administrators are.
>
> I'm not, because I haven't got the money to do it yet.
>
> Cleve

Hi,
Yesterday I took the Oracle7 DBA certification exam in Chicago. Reading and understanding of SERVER ADMINISTRARTOR GUIDE, SERVER CONCEPTS MANUAL and SERVER UTILITIES GUIDE manuals is sufficient to pass the pass the exam . By the way I passed the exam.

--
  AMARENDRA B NETTEM ( http://www.iit.edu/~nettama)
  Certified Oracle DBA