Re: creating indexes script

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/05/09

Eric W. Worden wrote:

> anyone have any experience rebuilding their indexes into other
> tablespaces? i'm working on a script, but i'm stuck when it comes to
> composite indexes and how to populate the columns' field in the create
> index statement. this is going to come in handy for 800 indexes.
<snip>

I've used awk for that type of thing. Just select out the data from user_indexes and user_ind_columns and run it through awk (or perl, or shell, or whatever) to create the sql statements, then run those through sqlplus. This gives you a little more control over the output than sql does.

--
---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services