Oracle and ASP on IIS

From: Donavon Kuhn <donavon_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/05/08

Is there anyone using Oracle from ADO (Active Data Object) using ASP (Active Server Pages) on IIS (Internet Information Server)? (whoa! That was a mouthful!) I have some code that works fine with Access. I changed the conn.Open command to use the Oracle ODBC driver and things only "sortof" work.

A straight forward only Execute of a SQL (conn.Execute "select * from anytable") works fine. If I do the following...

	Set rs = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
	SQL = "select * from anytable"
	rs.Open SQL, Conn, 3
	rs.AbsolutePosition = x

it complains that AbsolutePosition is not supported (this works in Access).  Is there a way to get a recordset in Oracle that allows me to move around.  I know Oracle's cursors are forward only. I thought maybe that the ODBC driver might fetch/buffer the data when needed and read from the buffer if you were to move backwards (as Oracle does in Forms 4.5).

I am using Microsoft's Oracle ODBC driver that came with Visual Interdev. Will a different driver do this for me or am I stuck with a forward only recordset when using Oracle?

Thanks,
Donavon Received on Thu May 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT