Database to Run Clarify Call Management Software

From: <CaroleK_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/05/06

We're a pretty large company which as just committed to buy Clarify to run our customer call center. We have a couple of options for the database: MS SQL Server (NT) and Oracle - either for NT or UNIX. We've had both Oracle and MS in for presentations, and based on MS' presentation, we'd have to be crazy to go with anything but SQL Server. We suspect our requirements are UNIX sized, but we currently run everything on NT with very few exceptions and frankly, UNIX has never been welcomed here. We want to stay away from emotional arguments and stay with the facts. Our customers are very important and success of the call center a must. We must determine a viable platform for Clarify - But what facts????

Is there anyone out there running Clarify on MS SQL server (yes, it's true: MS runs Clarify on SQL Server, but they couldn't give us any performance details) or is there anyone who runs Clarify with Oracle/UNIX? Any advice from anyone?

We'd really welcome some first hand experience on either platform or some advice on how to salt thru the marketing and determine the critical success factors for determining our database.... Received on Tue May 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT