Re: Is this a good Oracle book?

From: Loren Davidson <lor3en_at_wombat.net>
Date: 1997/05/06

In article <5km9io$118_at_reader.seed.net.tw>, cyhsu_at_eagle.seed.net.tw () wrote:
>Developing Client/Server Applications with Oracle Developer 2000
> Paul Hipsley
> Sams, 1996

I'm about halfway through it. I found it had some really good application development theory, was numbingly thorough (so far) in describing the sequence of events that occurs when you do different things...and uses the excuse of "learning the basics of Developer 2000 should be done with the manuals" to skip over large quantities of material.

You will need either the manuals, a more basic book, or the online help files to learn Dev2000 in addition to this book. If, however, you already know the basics, this book can help you put the pieces together.

All of the above IMHO, of course.

Loren

--
Loren Davidson