Re: Oracle Forms based Help Desk System ?

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_>
Date: 1997/05/06

Paul Deeley <esrkq_at_warwick.ac.uk> wrote in article <336C5102.C4B_at_warwick.ac.uk>...
> A friend of mine who works on a help desk has been tasked with
> rewriting the help desk system using Forms 4.5. The current system
> they use is very limited in terms of functionality. It can't even do
> simple searches for similar user problems that have cropped up before.
> (More a simple call logging system than anything else).
>
> He has already established that he can port the existing help desk logs
> into an oracle DB without too much difficulty.
>
> What he wants to know is can anyone recommend an existing 'off the
> shelf'
> help desk system written in Oralce Forms with good searching
> facilities. There must be quite a few out there.
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions made.
>
> Paul.

Logica UK Ltd markets a fully ITIL compliant Helpdesk system called prolin. Its written in Oracle Forms (Dev2k) and developed using Designer/2000, and runs on Oracle. This may be more complicated than you require currently, but you will probably grow into it.

I have passed your name onto Graeme Bruce; bruceg_at_logica.com, who should be in touch. If you don't hear from him in the next few days, get back to me, and I will get someone to contact you.

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd