Re: help needed: insertion in OCI

From: Steffen Koehler <msk_at_rz.uni-jena.de>
Date: 1997/05/06

Palaniappan N (npal_at_india.hp.com) wrote:

: I'm trying to insert into a 'LONG' column using OCI calls.
: I've defined my data in OCI's 'text' datatype, which is unsigned char.
: I've tried specifying the ftype parameter to 'obndrv' call as SQLT_STR
: , SQLT_CHR. I get the following error at runtime in 'oexec' call in both
: cases:

: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

: The value I'm inserting is just 26 chars long. The 'progvl' parameter
: to 'obndrv', giving the size of the insertion value, is 27. I also
: tried with values 26, <large value> etc. I still get the same error.
: What could be the problem?
:
: --
: regards,
: Palaniappan

have you counted the last `\0` in your C-String ?

--
Steffen K"ohler
Dep. of Mathematics and Computer Science