Re: Running ora webserver 3.0 post-install

From: Steve Shiflett <steven.p.shiflett_at_lmco.com>
Date: 1997/05/05

Joe Duer wrote:

> Information: Listening on NORM port 8888 address 0.0.0.0
> physical address UDP:sparky:2649 is invalid
> Error: Companion oraweb process failed
> OWS-08811: Unable to startup Oracle Web Listener `admin'.
> $
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe Duer
> joeduer_at_ix.netcom.com

Joe,

Try entering "netstat" on your solaris. This will show you the taken UDP numbers. I had the same problem. I picked another UDP, and it went away.

Also, take a look at the owstips.txt file on your distruibutin CD... that is the most meaningful documentation relating to the install...

Steve Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT