ODBC and BLOBs

From: Mike Emerson <mike_at_salesbook.com>
Date: 1997/05/05

Anyone got any ideas how to use ODBC to put long text into an Oracle LONG field using a 16 bit ODBC driver? I am using Oracle 7.1.3.3.3 with a 16 bit ODBC driver version 1.11.0002. When I insert into a record containing a SQL_LONGVARCHAR field, the field data gets truncated to 32K. I get no error from ODBC SQLParamData or SQLPutData when I go over 32K, and the same code works fine for large text in MS SQL Server.

Mike Emerson Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT