ODatabase.Open

From: Grinnell Almy <galmy_at_webvision.com>
Date: 1997/05/05

Hello, world... I'm a Visual C++ (v4) programmer, trying to write a program using Oracle Objects for OLE C++. Specifically, I'm trying to open an Oracle database using the ODatabase.Open() method. The first parameter is the database name. I just want to open the starter database that is installed along with the server. But no matter what name I try to use for the database, when the Open() method is executed, I get the error message "Error -2147221008 creating instance."

What the heck is the database name? How can I find out? Or am I missing something here? FYI, the OracleServiceORCL and OracleStartORCL services are running.

Any help will be appreciated. Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT