ORA-06571 Error

From: Bruce Purcell <bepurcell_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: 1997/05/05

I have a function that is part of a package. When I do:

        select package.function_name(params) from dual;

I get an "ORA-06571: Function function_name does not guarantee not to update database"

If I store the function in the database (not in the package), I don't get the error message.

Can anyone tell me why this is or what to do to fix it? I prefer to keep the function stored in the package.

Be gentle. I'm relatively new at this. Also, I would appreciate direct e-mail to bepurcell_at_ucdavis.edu.

TIA. Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT