Re: Opinions Wanted on Oracle for NT

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/05/05

Ed Jennings <jenningse_at_mindspring.com> writes:

>Can the App & Oracle reside on the same NT box?
>Do I need two NT servers (one for the app & one for Oracle)?
>Can I have more than one instance of Oracle running on one NT box?
>Should I move to squash this now and insist on a unix database?

Did you ask her why she thinks Unix is a bad choice? The only people I recommend who should use NT are, the people who do have been using Windows products mostly and have had little or no Unix experience. Unix (Solaris 2.5.1 X86) have been very good for the job we are using it for. We tried NT first, but gave up on it real fast. We have been using NT since its first release 3.5. I just think that NT is good as a workstation or a client OS. It shouldn't replace Unix as a server OS.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Mon May 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT