Re: Regular Expressions in PL/SQL?

From: Joe O'Connor <joe_at_exit109.com>
Date: 1997/05/04

Thomas,

I assume OWS is the Oracle Web Server. (Correct?)

What does the Web Server have to do with stored procedures that will exist as object in a db that is somewhere elese on the network?

Can I make use of the owa_pattern package without using the Oracle Web Server?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanx
-- Joe

Thomas Kyte wrote:

> If you have access to OWS2.x (you can download a trial from
> www.oracle.com) there is a package called owa_pattern which provides
>
> rudimentary support for regular expressions.
>
> On Sun, 04 May 1997 00:13:03 -0400, Joe O'Connor <joe_at_exit109.com>
> wrote:
>

> >I am new to PL/SQL programming. Ther looks like there is no native

> >support for regular expressions in PL/SQL.
> >
> >Does anyone know of any third party PL/SQL libraries that will
 allow me
> >to perform string manipulation using regular expression is PL/SQL?
> >
> >Thanx
> >-- Joe
> >

> Thomas Kyte
> tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
> Oracle Government
> Bethesda MD
>
> http://govt.us.oracle.com/ -- downloadable utilities

> Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle
> Corporation

Joe O'Connor
Lucent Technologies
jpoconnor_at_lucent.com Received on Sun May 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT