Re: How do I load ASCII files into Oracle Tables

From: Jonas Plumecocq <jp_at_internex.com.au>
Date: 1997/05/04

Born Information Services wrote:

> You would use SQL*Loader to do that. Consult the Oracle7 Server Utility
> User's Guide.
>
> Linda
>
> Andrew Booth <andrew.booth_at_handc.btinternet.com> wrote in article
> <01bc56d5$b61232c0$c49d73c1_at_qrpaab.handc.com>...
> > Can anyone explain how I load plain ASCII files into an Oracle table?

On the topic of SQL*LOADER, how do you skip fields in a comma delimited file (without using some OS utility to cut them out). eg.

FIELDS ENCLOSED BY'"'
        TERMINATED BY ',' But how to only load say fields B and D?

Thanks!
- -
Jonas Plumecocq
jp_at_connexus.apana.org.au

PS. Please CC-mail me a copy.Thanks! Received on Sun May 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT