Re: Updating from Novell to SCO

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/05/03

Detlev Windmeier wrote:

> Six weeks ago I did my Oracle DBA course. 15 months before Oracle
> 7.0 was
> installed on a NetWare Server. It runned all the time but nobody
> really knew
> how. The last weeks I did some emergency steps to keep it running.
> \\ dwindmei_at_saralee.com

 One thing bad I remember about installing 7.3.2.1 on SCO is that you are going to get copy errors when copying icons to $ORACLE_HOME/orainst. All you have to do is make everything in the $ORACLE_HOME/orainst directory ownership to oracle after running the "rootpre.sh".

You might also get errors when running "rootpre.sh" about not having system libraries installed. If this happens install the development libs from your OS media. You do not need a liscence to do this.

There is also a SCO patch that will help if relinking fails. I do not remember the path number but if relinking executables hangs then you will need this patch. Call SCO if this happens. Received on Sat May 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT