Help, DBMS_OUTPUT package problem.

From: shu <shu_at_openix.com>
Date: 1997/05/02

Hi, all:

I would appreciate if any out there know what's wrong with DBMS_OUTPUT package. Here is the problem:

	I created a procudure which will call DBMS_OUTPUT
	package, the procedure had been compiled without
	error, but when I try run the procedure, I got the
	error message like this:
	ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
	ORA-04067: not executed, package body "SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT" does not 	exist
	ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

	I checked and SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT package is there.  I cannot even
	do "set serveroutput on", I got the same error massage.  I also
	try to drop the DBMS_OUTPUT package and re-create is again under
	sys account, but it didn't work, whats' wrong?

	BTW, I am using 7.3.2.2 workgroup server with SQL*PLUS 3.3.2.0.2
Thanks in advance.

shu Received on Fri May 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT