JDBC OCI 7.3 and Oracle &.1.6

From: Haydn Haynes <haynesh_at_info.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/30

Does anyone know if the OCI now being offered by Oracle for use in java is compatible with Oracle 7.1.6.?

Having download the jdbcoci73.tar.Z and done all the uncrunching, I have seemingly no problems connecting to a live database - but I can get no resultSet back whatsoerver.

Everytime I connect to a db I just get a line of text informing me what the current date and time is - I dont even know where this is comming from !!!

I am assuming that I am having no problems with connections since If I pass it and invalid UID or PWD it complains about authorisation. If I run the program on a machine which does not know about SQL*Net then It errors appropriately.

any help would be appreciated to haynesh_at_info.bt.co.uk Received on Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT