Re: Year 2000 problem

From: Jeff Bangle <JBangle_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/04/30

Steve Corbett wrote:

> pfw_at_powerup.com.au wrote:
> > It was reported in one of the major weekly computer newspapers here
> > recently (on the front page) that versions of Oracle Financials as
> > liitle as 2 months ago have Year 2000 date problems.
> >
> > Does anyone know what this is all about and if true what the problems
> > actually are. I find it hard to believe that this could be correct in
> > a modern product selling in 1997.
>
> well, Oracle Browser v2.0.8.2.1 (also known as Discoverer), does not
> handle Century 2000 properly either - Oracle support were dis-believers
> too until i proved it to them.
> One can only assume that Oracle does litle 'real' work with their own
> products.

This is one of the reasons I keep trying to get my MIS department to test their year 2000 fix by actually setting a server to 1 Jan 2000 and running all applications. Their response is "Oracle doesn't have a year 2000 problem, so our Oracle applications don't." Received on Wed Apr 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT