how to populate v$session.machine for SQL*Net connections

From: Xuewei Zhou <zhou_at_Glue.umd.edu>
Date: 1997/04/29

We have problems to identify from which PC a SQL*Net connection is. The MACHINE column in v$session is not populated. The TERMINAL column always show Windows PC. How can we get the MACHINE column populated with a PC's hostname or IP address ? Our PCs only have SQL*Net installed and run an application written in SQL Windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

zhou Received on Tue Apr 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT