Re: Is anyone out there running Oracle 7.3 on OpenVMS?

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/04/28

You guys are lucky. None of you are still running 7.0.15 like we are. We have an upgrade to 7.1.5 in progress ( to be immediately followed by another upgrade ).

Our biggest problem is that existing 7.0.15 versions of pro*c programs will not run on the 7.1.5 version without being recompiled. We do not find this to be true on our main UNIX systems where we have never recompiled some programs that were originally created under 7.0.15 and still work up to 7.2. (We are working on recompiling all programs for the current upgrade on UNIX) What normally happens is the pre-recompiled program returns a 1034. SQLPlus is fine. This is not a major problem since we planned to recompile all programs anyway, but I would like to know why this is true.

Anybody have any ideas.
Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Mon Apr 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT