Re: Installing Oracle webserver 3.0 beta

From: Mark Merritt <merritt_at_mail.msen.com>
Date: 1997/04/27

Assuming you are running Solaris:

truss -o file-name -f owsctl ...

Look in file-name for open and stat lines and get an idea of what files owsctl is looking for. If the files are not in the right places, just make symbolic links to them. This kind of thing can happen in a non-OFA installation because owsctl seems to want to use ORACLE_BASE to look for files.

/*+
Opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation
+*/

Joe Duer (joeduer_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
:
: Hi,
:
: I installed OWAS on a sparc station and when I try ro run owsctl, I
: get the error:
:
: Error initializing CORE
: Check that ORACLE_HOME is set correctly.
:
: I did check and it was fine. Any ideas on what I could do?
:
: Thanks
: Joe Duer
: joeduer_at_ix.netcom.com