Re: Is anyone out there running Oracle 7.3 on OpenVMS?

From: Phil Cook <pcook_at_iamerica.net>
Date: 1997/04/26

Shawn,

We are currently doing heavy development using Open VMS 7.0 and 7.3.2.3. The biggest issue with VMS is Oracle support. There are only 4 people in Oracle support that handle calls for VMS, of which 2 are very good. We plan on moving to Unix in the next 3 - 6 months.

There have been some ora-600 errors with our Forms 4.5 development and the developers have been told on these tars that the VMS version of 7.3 is more buggy than the Unix version, probably because there are less people using, testing, and complaining about the VMS version of 7.3. There are probably only a handful of customers on 7.3 with VMS 7.0 so those customers will be doing a lot of "discovering".

We have also encountered slow listener startup times, Oracle has indicated that this is "normal" with 7.3 on VMS 7.x.

Phil Cook

Shawn Ramsey <shawn.ramsey_at_attws.com> wrote in article <3360FC5D.4BA_at_attws.com>...