Oracle Precompilers and COBOL Copybooks

From: Neil Richmond <NEILJ_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/04/25

I am currently on a project where I am writing COBOL programs that use embedded SQL. However, the majority of my embedded SQL is being placed in copybooks. The problem I am encountering is that the precompiler does not recognize my SQL code because it does not explode the copybook within the program. I know that I can simply hardcode the SQL within my program without using the copybooks, but this limits the reusability of my embedded SQL. I was wondering if anyone else has run across this situation, and what they did to resolve this "problem". Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT