Table size estimates and column sizes

From: Nick Butler <nfbutler_at_sigma-micro.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

  1. Does anyone know how to determine the size (in bytes) of a column in an oracle table based on the data type. I thought this would be a simple thing to find but it has me dumb-founded. HELP!
  2. Does anyone know of any good equations to determine the size (in bytes) of a table based on #of rows and other data storage paramters such as %free, block size, and others.

Any reference to white papers or other articles concerning these subjects would be appreciated. Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT