Re: Using DBMS_OUTPUT in ProC

From: The Wils <awislon_at_rci.rogers.com>
Date: 1997/04/25

kent.primrose_at_dg19.cec.be wrote:

> In a ProC program I would like to get output from DBMS_OUTPUT. I have a
> DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE statement followed by a DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE
> statement. Everything compiles and runs fine, just no apparent output.
>
> I'm running in UNIX and have not re-directed STDOUT or STDERR. Any good
> ideas?

Ain't never heard of DBMS_OUTPUT in a Pro*C program before. If you're using the DBMS_OUTPUT package from a PL/SQL block within the Pro*C program did you try GET or GET_LINE to retrieve the buffered info?

I think it may only work from a SQL*Plus session or Server Manager though. (Server Application Developers Guide 6-23)

Just a thought...
Alan Wilson

The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.