SQL*Loader

From: Mark Webb <mwebb_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/25

Hi everyone,

I'm new to SQL*Loader. I've been presented with a data file to load and I'm having problems with a date field. For a date of birth sometimes the year is known but the month and day may not be. This has been represented in the source file as (for example) 19630000.  The file has fields delimited by a plus (+) sign. The decision has been taken to split the date into year,month and day integers each of which can be null.

My quest is, what do I need to put in my SQL*Loader control file to persuade it to read a single delimited field, split it into 3 actual columns and substitute NULLs in the even that any of the 3 columns contain all zeros? Or is this too much to ask? Any help *gratefully* received. Thanks.

Mark W. Received on Fri Apr 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT