problems with odbc connect to oracle

From: Branko Kannenberg [HF] <kannenbe_at_cck.uni-kl.de>
Date: 1997/04/24

Hi there !

I have big problems connecting to an oracle database using ODBC. I use a WinNT 4.0 Server machine which runs Oracle 7.2. I installed SqlNet Server and Client, set up an database alias and connecting to this alias with SqlPlus works fine.
But when I try to set up a system data source with the new microsoft odbc manager, i can use every odbc driver I have, i can't connect. I tried visigenics driver (v2.0), openlink lite 32 and Intersolv v2.12 driver.
When I try to connect with the ODBC test tool, I get the following error messages:
visigenic: Error attempting logon
openlink: Connection rejected by datasource intersolv: ora-12196:TNS: received an error from TNS

I have no idea what could be the problem, any ideas ?

Ciao, Branko(Hiwi CCK). Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT