Re: Forms 4.5 on Win95 Personal Oracle

From: Atkin <atkin_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/04/23

I was successful by copying the tnsnames.ora file from the orwin95\network\admin\ directory to the orawin\network\admin directory. This is what it looked like after I was done.

Tcp-loopback.world =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = tcp.world)
(PROTOCOL = TCP)
(Host = harts)
(Port = 1521)
)

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = ORCL)
    )
  )

"harts" is my computer name. I use Developer/2000 for Windows Version 1.2.  If you are using an upgraded version, use the "easy_config" utility to create the tnsnames.ora file for you. Also, when I log in, I do not use a connect string, I leave that block blank.

I hope this helps.

Alicia <ameness_at_mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu> wrote in article <335C6DED.76CF_at_mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>...