Re: Can ProC read a PL/SQL user defined record structure?

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

In article <5jiq8e$jqs_at_svdns1.ubinet.ubs.com>, Kelvin.Stingel_at_ubs.com says...

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to code an (user defined ) PL/SQL record in a stored
>procedure then pass that record as an OUT parameter into the C code
>filling a host array.
>If Yes then take it 1 step further and say that the PL/SQL Record
>contains PL/SQL tables and another PL/SQL Record, so that the PL/SQL
>records are nested.
>Has anybody got this working?
>
>regards
>Kelvin

I've tried passing records and arrays between ProC and PL/SQL and couldn't do it. I've since heard that it is possible with packaged procedures but I haven't tried it yet. I don't know if you will be able to nest them but I have it on my 'to do' list to give it a try. I need to pass a PL/SQL record that has PL/SQL tables as fields.

Good luck,
Rona Crystal

--
Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To