Re: Passing multiple values with a variable???

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

the owa_util.ident_arr is a pl/sql table. It is like an array.

I am guessing (you should post the code) that you are trying to do something like:

  htp.p( 'This is the data: ' || theChoice );

which would cause the error you report. You should code something like:

create or replace procedure ProcessMe

                            (TheChoice in owa_Util.ident_arr)
as
begin
	for i in 1 .. 100000 loop
		exception
			htp.p( 'Item ' || i || ' = ' || theChoice(i) || htf.br );
		when no_data_found then
			exit;
		end;
	end loop;

end;

That'll print out all of the choices...... The multiple selections will be packed into the table with indexes starting at 1 on up.

On 23 Apr 1997 17:06:04 GMT, eb566_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu (R. J. Trede) wrote:

[snip]

>I am having a problem allowing users to select
>multiple "check boxes" that will, technically
>speaking, end up passing multiple values of
>a variable (Named "TheChoice") to the "Submit"
>procedure (Proc that is called when the "Submit"
>button is clicked)...

[snip]

>create or replace procedure ProcessMe (TheChoice in owa_Util.ident_arr) as
>

>Now, here is the problem... When I try to compile my procedure "ProcessMe"
>in Sql+, I get the following error message:
>
>PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to '||'

[snip]

>Please send responses to me at: rtrede_at_spot.colorado.edu
>
>Many thanks, my friends...
>
> RJ Trede
> trede_at_spot.colorado.edu

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Apr 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT