Re: How do I prevent "commit" when a program crashes???

From: Ed Bruce <bruce_at_ha.hac.com>
Date: 1997/04/23

Z. Martinez wrote:

> I have a Pro*C program that I am working on.
>
> Currently, I commit after every 10,000 inserts. However, I noticed
> that when I break out of the program while in execution (using
> ctrl+C), the uncommitted records are committed to the database.
>
> How do I prevent this from happening???
>
> I'm working on Oracle 7.3 under HPUX.

I mainly use Pro*Ada, but I just read the Pro*C manual and it is supposed to behave the same, that is when a program exits all uncommitted transactions are rollbacked. So give Oracle a call because if you aren't explicitly issuing a commit (or implicitly, say with a create table command) then this behaviour is wrong.

Do you have a interrupt handler in your code that issues a commit before exiting?

--

Ed Bruce
<Bruce_at_ha.hac.com>