Re: sqlplus and AIX upgrade

From: Lun Wing San <rdbms_at_b1.hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Fiona McBride wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We run Oracle 7 on an RS/6000 that was running AIX 4.1.4, and I upgraded
> to AIX 4.2, after which trying to start sqlplus produced a "failed to
> initialise" error message including the text "sp1<lang>.mdb not found".
> I was wondering whether it had anything to do with the LANG e.v. but
> setting that to en_US or en_GB had no effect. Everything else on the
> machine worked fine, except otoolbar, which blew out with much the same
> message sqplus gave. I've since restored the pre-upgrade config from a
> mksysb, so all's working fine and the heat's off, but can anyone shed
> any light on my problem?

  Try to set your ORACLE_HOME correctly.

*
*
* Please go to http://www.hkstar.com/~rdbms/oracle.htm to find other
solns  *
*
*

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not
the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired
when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or
use.