Re: Oracle Web Site Divide by Zero

From: Jeff Bangle <JBangle_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

Roy Wagner wrote:

> And here I thought that was a bug in my version of Netscape!
>
> Maybe someone from Oracle could acknowledge the problem and fix it.

When I e-mailed the Oracle webmaster about this, he responded:

<<
Thank you for your message regarding our website. We have received numerous reports from visitors using Netscape Navigator 3.0 and above regarding anomalous behavior causing browser crashes.

We have contacted Netscape Technical Support about this matter, and they suggest that users encountering this behavior delete the /Program/Cache directory and /Program/netscape.hst file from their hard drive, then restart Netscape.

Thank you for contacting us and for your efforts in helping us to improve our website.

Since I've only encountered this problem with Oracle's web page, I must assume that it is a limitation of the Oracle WebServer product. Received on Tue Apr 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT