Re: How to call SQL Loader from a button on Forms 4.5

From: Lun Wing San <rdbms_at_b1.hkstar.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

monty wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> I would appreciate some help in trying to call SQL Loader and pass it the required parameters (.ctl file, data file etc) from a Forms front end.
>
> e.g. When a button on the form is pressed, and certain values for the Control file, data file , log file etc have been entered, they are passed onto the loader, and it starts to execute the loading process.
>
> Will appreciate help on this. Thanks . My email address is monty_at_enteract.com

  There is an utility called PLEX developed by Oracle. Try to check it for calling an external program from PL/ SQL. You can find the URL from the following address :

*
*
* Please go to http://www.hkstar.com/~rdbms/oracle.htm to find other
solns  *
*
*

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not
the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired
when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or
use.