Re: Writing database triggers

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com.no.spam.please>
Date: 1997/04/21

Although this isn't the simplest solution, if you have something like Oracle Enterprise Manager installed (and which is included with the Server product), the Schema Manager lets you edit triggers, procedures, etc., compile them, and look at any errors. Another tool to consider (but only if you already own it) is Developer/2000. It has a built-in Procedure Builder and/or Trigger Editor that you could use for just this purpose.

Maybe you can offer some detail why SHOW ERRORS isn't cutting it for you, and maybe we can go from there.

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997 00:48:31 +1000, Peter Yates <PeterYates_at_access.net.au> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does anyone know how to find errors in a trigger when compiling it?
>SHOW ERRORS doesn't always do the trick.
>
>Thanks
>Peter

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT