Re: Couple of questions about Forms 4.5

From: Donna Morrow <morrowd_at_ci.portsmouth.va.us>
Date: 1997/04/21

Our application faces a similar problem with the date format. Users want to type in the date as MMDDYY but display as MM/DD/YY. According to Oracle Tech support, this is not possible for date fields. One way I found around the problem, is to have a number field representing the date as MMDDYY and copy to the date field in a When-Validate-Item. I'm not sure if something like this would work in your situation.

Have you tried creating a format mask on the product number as 999"/"9999? This will allow users to type in 9999999 and have it displayed as 999/9999 (provided the field is defined as a number).

Hope this helps
Donna Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT