Couple of questions about Forms 4.5

From: Alan Campbell <alan_at_mullen.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/21

I would like to be able to display a date in a different format from the date that is entered in a field.
E.g.
I have a date field that I would like to display in dd-mmm-yy format, but the users would like to type in the date in ddmmyy format for speed. Is this possible ?

Also how can I jump to another field after the validation on fails on a field. E.g.
I have a field that is base on a base table field that is a product number (9999999). Out product numbers are displayed in 999/9999 format, so the users have requested that it is displayed in this format. I have hidden the base table field and created 2 new non-base table fields. The is for the 999 and the second is for the 9999 parts of the product number. I have created a post-change trigger on the second field that populates the base table field with the concatented values. But if the user enters an invalid product number, focus stays in the second field. I would like focus to go to the first field. I have tried a GO_ITEM call, but Forms tells me that this is not allowed in this trigger (I have also tried several other trigger). Any ideas ?

TIA
Alan

---
Alan Campbell