Passing NT parameters like machine-name to map drives for using in UTL_FILE.FOPEN

From: SG <student1_at_zsassociates.com>
Date: 1997/04/21

Hi friends,

I am trying to find a way to pass to the UTL_FILE.FOPEN package, the location (directory) information in "operating system specifics".

I am using Oracle on an NT platform, and my server machine name is ORACLE_1. To all my clients, \\ORACLE_1\.. defines the directories that are shared on the server to be read and written to.

I am unsuccesful in passing the parameter \\ORACLE_1\share to FOPEn whereas passing c:\share works fine. I have already set my UTL_FILE_DIR in the initorcl.ora file to "*" for total access.

Is there a way out such that Oracle can interpret this \\ORACLE_1\share to mean c:\share.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Snehil Gambhir
sgambhir_at_zsassociates.com Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT