Re: Default Oracle Bootup

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/04/18

Boris Panteleev wrote:

> Hi,
> I used to have a C program which uses setuid() UNIX function to set
> up
> the user id of a process. The idea is to bind the startup of the
> Oracle
> Server with the UNIX init boot processes. In other words I would
> like to
> be able to setup Oracle Server to startup automatically (as an
> oracle
> user owned process) upon UNIX bootup. I need the executable file for
> Sun
> Solaris 2.5.1 environment.
> I will appreciate if any of you can give me some information or
> send me
> a copy of the 'setuid' file.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Boris
> himel_at_aimnet.com

 It is easy to do in a shell script. You have root execute dbstart and dbshut using something like:

  su - oracle -c dbstart

You can put this in a shell script and let init start it for you. There are examples of this in the Installation and Configuration Guide for Solaris. Received on Fri Apr 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT